Environmental and Community
Miss De-Vyliers recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. The fashion industry is known to be one of the major contributors to pollution in the world, as well as some 10% of the carbon footprint.
We are committed to doing our bit by reducing our environmental impact and improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Carrier Bag Policy
We are committed to reducing waste by encouraging our customers to return and reuse their bags.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
- Use local labour wherever possible to reduce CO2 and boost community
- Involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment
- minimise the use of paper in the office.
- reduce packaging as much as possible.
- buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
- reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- switch off equipment when not in use wherever possible.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.